The Institute's intensive, two-day luxury home sales and marketing training is the first step in becoming an Institute Member and earning the Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist™ (CLHMS™) designation. The training will help you:
- Win Clients. Our members come out of training with the tools and resources to prospect affluent buyers and sellers and understand their specific needs.
- Market Properties. Our expert trainers guide you through the marketing consultation process specific to high net worth clientele.
- Connect With Peers. Meet with other new Institute Members to start building your referral network.
- Grow Your Skills. Learn how to negotiate effectively and understand the nuances of complex, luxury transactions.
- Brand Yourself. Walk out of training with the confidence and action plan to market yourself as THE luxury real estate professional in your market with the tools necessary to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Realtors®, members of NAHB, and ICREA-affiliated agents are welcome to attend the training and become Institute Members.
- Assistants of agent attendees or assistants of current Institute Members may register for a live training if they are licensed and if space is available. Licensed assistants who complete the training will become Institute Members. There is not a reduced fee for assistants to take or audit the training.
- Select real estate professionals in related fields may also attend training and may be eligible for Affiliate Membership status upon completion. Contact us for more details.
- Existing Members may audit any public training for a nominal fee if space is available. Simply login to your account on our website, then choose a course on the training schedule. Registration fees will automatically be adjusted to reflect the discounted rate available exclusively to active Institute Members.
Visit the Training Schedule for a full list of training dates.
Registration is open to any agent, regardless of firm affiliation; however there are some private courses hosted by local associations or brokerages open only by invitation of the host.
Upon completion of the Training, submit your qualifying transactions that meet the sales requirements. Click here to learn more about the sales requirements to earn the CLHMS™ designation.
Day 1 will cover:
Day 2 will cover:
The National Association of Realtor's Council of Residential Specialists (CRS) has approved The Institute's two-day, live training for 2 units of annual maintenance credit for holders of the CRS designation. For more information about the CRS designation, visit crs.com.
Luxury Livestream courses are approved for continuing education (CE) credit in some states. Please note that not all Luxury Livestream courses, private courses, or online courses are eligible for CE credit. Check the details on each course to confirm. The following states have approved The Institute's live training for continuing education (CE) credit:
- Florida – 11 hours of general CE credit (Florida Licensees)
- Minnesota< – 10 hours of general CE credit (Minnesota and North Dakota Licensees)
- New Jersey – 6 hours of general CE credit (New Jersey licensees only)
- Oregon – 13.5 hours of general CE credit (Oregon licensees only)
- Tennessee – 10 hours of general CE credit (Tennessee licensees only)
- Texas – 15 hours of CE credit (Texas licensees only) TX CE Provider: The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing, LP #398, TX CE Course: Luxury Home Marketing Specialist Training #41896
- Utah – 9 hours of CE credit (Utah licensees only)
- Washington – 13 hours of CE credit (Washington licensees only)
- Wyoming – 13 hours of CE credit (Wyoming licensees only)
Approval for additional states may be pending. Please note that some states require agents to complete any training in their state to qualify for CE credit. State licensing agencies may update their terms and CE requirements without notifying The Institute. The information provided here should be used as a guide for making your professional development decisions. We encourage you to contact your state licensing entity for the most up-to-date information before selecting a training option.
If you successfully complete the live training and are not satisfied, tell us at the end of the program. A refund will be processed within three business days. Notification of dissatisfaction must be received in writing before 5:00 P.M. on the next business day following the completion of the live training. Any refund will result in loss of Institute Membership and benefits, and live or online training would be required to rejoin The Institute.